Monday, June 24, 2013

Teaser Tuesday [18] - BRAAAAIIIINNNSSS



Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

Grab your current read
Open to a random page
Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers.

Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion


Teaser:

"You're...different, aren't you," she says. I don't respond. "Because I've never heard a zombie talk, other than 'Brains!' and all that silly groaning."

Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion
Goodreads Summary:

A zombie who yearns for a better life ends up falling in love—with a human—in this astonishingly original debut novel.

R is a zombie. He has no memories, no identity, and no pulse, but he has dreams. He doesn’t enjoy killing people; he enjoys riding escalators and listening to Frank Sinatra. He is a little different from his fellow Dead.

Not just another zombie novel, Warm Bodies is funny, scary, and deeply moving.

10 comments:

  1. Hah, brings back good memories. How are you liking this one?

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, what a great quote Jaclyn! Sounds like fun :)


    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's a really fun read. I'm getting through it very quickly so that's always a good sign :D Thank you very much for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a lot of fun :D I'm about halfway through right now and I'm really enjoying how he writes. The mixture of eloquence and cave-man is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol. They actually kept that in the movie. :) Hope you are loving it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that's great :D I'm going to be watching this movie this weekend! I haven't seen it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, you're in a zombie phase! LOL I haven't read this one, but I've heard lots of good things about it. Hope you love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes the zombies are for my Paranormal Reading Challenge :D Sorry I just now got to this comment! I thought I had already replied to it lol. I'm working on the review for this one right now!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and read every one of them! Since they are an award in themselves, this is an award-free blog. Thank you though for the consideration!